My Basket

Close

Clos Apalta 2014

The Apalta vineyard is located 170 Kilometers South West of Santiago in Chile's Colchagua Valley and is situated on a North to South exposure, which is quite rare in Chile. The Tinguiririca river rests on one side and the hills from the Coastal Cordillera surround the vineyard like a horseshoe on the other, both integral in forming the unique terroir upon which Clos Apalta is founded. This award winning, hand-crafted, red wine blend is based on the Carménère (46%) grape with the addition of Cabernet Sauvignon (30%), Merlot (19%) and Cabernet Franc (5%). Meticulous attention to detail is undertaken in the winemaking process beginning with hand-harvested grapes which are 100% hand de-stemmed. 83% of the grapes were fermented in the winery's own French oak vats while the remaining 17% was fermented in new French oak barrels. The young wine is racked straight into 100% new French oak barrels by gravity and stays in barrel for 26 months, ageing patiently. The wine is bottled by gravity without any treatment or filtration.

Deep ruby red in colour this wine displays complex aromas of ripe black fruits such as cassis, blackberry and fig, along with nuts, cinnamon and liquorice notes. The palate has an intense creamy attack with black fruit flavours and long lasting velvety tannins. The finish is intense and elegant.

 

Wine File
Producer:
Clos Apalta
Country:
Chile
Region:
Central Valley
Sub Region:
Rapel Valley
Style:
Red Wine
Primary Grape(s):
Cabernet Sauvignon , Carménère , Merlot
Bottle Size:
75cl
Alcohol:
14.5%
Closure:
Natural Cork
Organic:
Yes
Biodynamic:
Yes
Contains Sulphites:
Yes
Units Per Bottle:
10.9
£110.00
A14CLOSAPALTA

The Producer Clos Apalta | Colchagua Valley, Chile

The Clos Apalta Winery in Chiles Colchagua Valley

The stunning Clos Apalta Winery is nestled on the slopes of the Apalta Hills located in Chiles Colchagua Valley wine region. In the midst of old vineyards that are managed in a totally organic and biodynamic way, this gravitational wine...

Learn More

Other wines from this producer

Le Petit Clos de Clos Apalta 2014

From £49.95 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Clos Apalta 2014

£110.00
QUICK VIEW

Clos Apalta 2015

Contact us for price
QUICK VIEW

The Region Chile | Central Valley

Central Valley Vineyards of Chile

Chile's Central Valley viticultural region is the oldest, most traditional and internationally renowned wine region, due predominately to its proximity to the national capital of Santiago. It is located directly across the Andes from one of Argentina's most famous wine regions, Mendoza. Within...

Learn More

Other wines from this region

Casa Felipe Carménère 2017

From £7.95 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Casa Felipe Sauvignon Blanc 2018

From £7.95 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Puertas Antiguas Shiraz 2018

From £7.95 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

El Campesino Cabernet Carménère 2017

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

El Campesino Unoaked Chardonnay 2018

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Panul Merlot 2018

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Panul Sauvignon Blanc 2018

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

San Pedro Rosario Cabernet Sauvignon 2018

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

San Pedro Rosario Sauvignon Blanc 2018

From £8.25 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

De Martino Estate Merlot 2018

From £8.95 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

Morandé Pionero Merlot Reserva 2017

From £9.50 - per bottle
QUICK VIEW

The Primary Grape Wine By Grape Variety | Cabernet Sauvignon

Organic Vineyard with covercrop

Cabernet Sauvignon is a well known grape variety used to great effect in Bordeaux, France where it is vitally important to the classic wines of the Médoc. Here it is blended alongside Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot and Merlot to produce truly world-class wines. Cabernet...

Learn More

The Primary Grape Wine By Grape Variety | Carménère

Organic Vineyard with cropcover

The Carménère grape has found its home in Chile, but during the early19th century it was one of the most widely cultivated grape varieties in the Médoc and Graves regions of Bordeaux where it was a valued blending partner of Cabernet Franc. However its...

Learn More

The Primary Grape Wine By Grape Variety | Merlot

Organic Vineyard with crop cover in vines

Merlot is a very popular red wine grape variety with big red and black fruit flavours of raspberries, ripe strawberries, plum and blackberry, giving the wine a softer taste. It is invaluable in the production or red wines from Bordeaux, particularly...

Learn More

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)