Ferreira Vintage Port 2016
Ferreira Vintage Ports are unique and exceptional Portos, at the pinnacle of excellence. With over 250 years of this tradition for excellence, Ferreira has one of the top cellars for vintage Portos, with wines dating back to 1815 and serves as a benchmark for the industry. Vintage Portos are exceptional wines from a single extraordinary year, selected for their huge potential for bottle ageing. This Vintage shows an intense, almost black colour. The aroma reveals great complexity and intensity with dried black fruits, such as plums and figs. This wine reveals balsamic notes of heather as well as hints of liquorice, cocoa and chocolate, thanks to its excellent maturation. Dense on the palate, with great volume, it has a well integrated acidity that frames notes of milk chocolate and sour cherry. It's finish is one of great length, freshness and balance in the true Ferreira style.
This Vintage Port can be consumed immediately, but will benefit from a growing complexity if aged for a prolonged period in the bottle. Estimated to reach its peak in roughly its 15th year, this wine has the 20-25 year longevity of a 'vintage', after which it will maintain the great qualities of a "cellar wine".
As we are retail stockists, selling from our Ledston shop as well as online, it makes it difficult for us to show a 'real-time' inventory of our wines and spirits online. As such, very occasionally, a wine may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order.
To ensure a timely delivery, we are happy to substitute your order with a similar wine of equal or higher value and at no additional cost to you! If this is not an acceptable solution please advise us in the 'Special Instructions' at the checkout.
We endeavour to display accurate and current vintages on all our wines listed on the website; however, from time to time stocks of the vintage listed do become exhausted. If this is the case with your order we will always contact you to recommend another vintage of the same wine, if it is still available. If the vintage of a wine is important to you then please either 'ASK A QUESTION' or leave us a message in the 'Special Instructions' at checkout.
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our business and we know that getting your wine delivered safely, securely and on-time is a fundamental part of that process. We are extremely proud of our delivery service and are confident that you will be happy and satisfied with the service’s which we can offer.
All our wine packaging utilises inflatable Air-Pack systems, (100% recyclable air packaging), so that you can be guaranteed your wine order is packaged in one of the safest and most reliable transit packaging solutions and guaranteed that your order will reach you in one piece providing you with complete peace-of-mind.
Our Standard Delivery is FREE for all mainland UK orders over £150.00
All Orders under £150.00 are charged £9.95 per order to a single UK address.
Deliveries are made by ParcelForce usually between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday and must be signed for. In the event you are unable to sign for your delivery the driver can leave it with a neighbour, or take it to the local Post Office for you to collect at your convenience.
We aim to make all deliveries within 7 working days of your order, but this is often much sooner. You can request for us to contact you and arrange a specific date and time for your delivery.
Any Single Bottle Orders are delivered using a Royal Mail Signed For Service and charged £6.00 per order.
Our independence allows us to operate freely within the UK courier network and provide bespoke delivery options for your convenience.
If you would like to receive any of our wines from outside of the UK mainland please contact us for a very competitive quotation to meet your delivery needs.
CLICK & COLLECT IN STORE:
If you would like to place an order online and collect it from our store in Ledston this can be arranged for your convenience. We recommend you contact us beforehand to check that your order requirements are available and to arrange a convenient collection date and time.
WINE DELIVERY TERMS:
- Any delivery instructions placed on the website can only be accepted by Hic! where delivery of an order is to be made to a single address within the UK mainland.
- Deliveries are normally made between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.
- Delivery within mainland UK will normally be made within 7 working days after acceptance by Hic! of the Customer's order. You can request for us to call you and arrange a specific date and time for your delivery.
- Standard delivery within mainland UK is free of charge for orders with a value in excess of the prevailing minimum amount (currently GBP 150.00). All other deliveries are charged at the prevailing rate (currently GBP 9.95 per order/delivery point).
- Please note that our standard UK mainland excludes parts of the Scottish Islands & Highlands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Wright, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man.
- For orders placed outside the UK Mainland we will contact you following placement of an order to agree shipment details and charges for which an additional invoice will be raised.
- Single bottle orders with a value in excess of the prevailing minimum order amount will be delivered free of charge within mainland UK and to one delivery point. All other deliveries are charged at the prevailing rate (currently £6.00 per order / delivery point).