Clos du Temple Rosé 2018
Clos du Temple Rosé is the result of many years searching for the perfect site to create an iconic rosé style wine. Gérard Bertrand was able to acquire two plots in Cabrières, Domaine du Temple and Château des Deux Rocs. For the Clos du Temple Rosé, he singled out a clos that clings to the hillside 240 metres above sea level, cloistered by the terrain and wild vegetation. The eight-hectare plot was subdivided into several parcels, which are farmed biodynamically, and would provide the grapes used to make the wine: Grenache, Cinsault, Syrah, Mourvèdre and Viognier.
Each parcel’s grapes are picked by hand at sunrise, and the small bunches pressed at low temperatures to preserve the freshness, flavour and aromas, and prevent too much colouration of the juice, before being vinified separately. Before fermentation, the must is racked and clarified via gravity for 24 hours, without the addition of sulphur. The wines are subsequently aged in new French oak barrels for six to eight months, with bâtonnage (stirring of the lees) and the final blend was assembled on a fruit day.
The blend of four red grape varieties and one white has been designed to mirror a temple, with each variety playing a role. The Grenache Noir acts as the foundations, with old vine Cinsault and Syrah adding columns and walls, along with a “sublime” touch of Mourvèdre, and Viognier offering a wonderful aromatic complexity and typicity to the wine as the dome. The result is a perfectly balanced wine, with great length and extraordinary aromatic freshness. It is also a Rosé that will happily cellar, allowing more complex flavours to develop with age.
The temple theme has also inspired the elegant bottle design, with its square base and pyramidical punt rising to a circular shoulder that symbolise the cosmos and the principles of biodynamics. Meanwhile, the terroir is evoked by an elegant band of gold showing the undulating hills that surround Clos du Temple.
The Clos du Temple shows that rosé can be as fine as red wine and also proves to be a suitable match to the complex flavours of modern cuisine.
As we are retail stockists, selling from our Ledston shop as well as online, it makes it difficult for us to show a 'real-time' inventory of our wines and spirits online. As such, very occasionally, a wine may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order.
To ensure a timely delivery, we are happy to substitute your order with a similar wine of equal or higher value and at no additional cost to you! If this is not an acceptable solution please advise us in the 'Special Instructions' at the checkout.
We endeavour to display accurate and current vintages on all our wines listed on the website; however, from time to time stocks of the vintage listed do become exhausted. If this is the case with your order we will always contact you to recommend another vintage of the same wine, if it is still available. If the vintage of a wine is important to you then please either 'ASK A QUESTION' or leave us a message in the 'Special Instructions' at checkout.
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our business and we know that getting your wine delivered safely, securely and on-time is a fundamental part of that process.
Whilst we would love to offer a free delivery service on all orders, a case of wine is a heavy and fragile item to securely pack and ship through the courier network. Consequently, we subsidise our shipping charges to ensure the price you pay for delivery is as competitive as possible.
We re-pack and despatch all our orders in the industry leading inflatable Air-Pack System - which is 100% recyclable - so that you can be guaranteed your wine order is on its way to you in one of the safest and most reliable transit packaging solutions, providing you with complete peace-of-mind.
SINGLE BOTTLE DELIVERY
- No Minimum Order
- Delivery of One Bottle to a single address
- £6.00 Royal Mail Signed For Service for all orders up to £150.00
- Deliveries by Royal Mail Monday to Saturday
- Can be collected from local Post Office
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
- Minimum Order Value is £75.00
- FREE Delivery to one single address
- All WF, LS25. LS26 Postcodes
- Deliveries Monday to Friday 8am till 6pm - usually within 7 working days from date of order
STANDARD UK MAINLAND DELIVERY: ENGLAND, WALES & SCOTLAND (Non Restricted Postcodes)
- No Minimum Order
- £9.99 Standard Delivery Charge for all orders up to £150.00 in value to one single address
- FREE Delivery for all orders with a value over £150.00 to one single address
- Deliveries Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm usually within 7 working days from date of order
MAINLAND UK SURCHARGED POSTCODES STARTING:
AB37-38, AB41-45, AB51-56, FK17-21, IV1-28, IV30-36, IV40, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA34-40, PH15-26, PH30-41, PH49-50
- Please email us for a delivery charge quotation: Contact Us
NORTHERN IRELAND, EIRE, SCOTTISH OFFSHORE, ISLE OF MAN, ISLE OF WIGHT, CHANNEL ISLANDS
- Please email us for a delivery quotation: Contact Us
- We aim to fulfil all wine orders with 7 working days from the date of placing your order, but this is often much sooner. You can contact us to request a specific date and time for your delivery if you choose.
- Our Standard Deliveries are made during normal business hours Monday to Friday. To ensure prompt delivery someone must be present to sign for the consignment; however, we do accept special delivery instructions at the point of order if you want your order to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- Our couriers will make two separate attempts to deliver your consignment. They will automatically attempt a second delivery the next working day. If you are not in to receive delivery, a card will be left by the driver advising you that they have made an attempt to deliver on that day. The card will provide contact details for your local delivery depot so you can contact them to arrange re-delivery, advise of any further special delivery instructions or to arrange a collection from the depot. Please note that in the event of two failed delivery attempts the parcel will need to be collected in person from the delivery depot. You will be liable for any subsequent delivery charges that are levied against us by our couriers should your order be returned back to us through failure to collect.
- Deliveries should be signed for as ‘Not Examined’ and you should inspect the goods as soon as possible and notify us immediately of any breakages or shortages.
- Claims for breakages will only be allowed if you notify us within 7 days after delivery.
- You must retain breakages and accompanying packaging for examination by us or our agent if required.
- Please be aware that multi-case orders can become separated through the courier network. If you do not receive the balance of your order within 3 working days of the first delivery please contact us.
- Our independence allows us to operate freely within the UK courier network and provide bespoke delivery options for your convenience. If you would like to receive any of our wines from outside of the UK Mainland please contact us for a very competitive quotation to meet your delivery needs.
CLICK & COLLECT IN STORE:
Local Pickup and kerbside collections are now available to select at checkout for online orders. We aim to fulfil all click and collect orders within 5 working days; however, this is often much sooner. If you require your order urgently we recommend you contact us beforehand to check that your order requirements are available.
- If any wine purchased from us fails, for any reason, to give satisfaction, we will replace, or issue a credit for, that bottle of wine provided that the wine is returned to us within 30 days after the date of delivery. (NB: This excludes Bin End Wines & Products described as non-returnable.
- Any order placed for goods (to be delivered) may be cancelled within 14 working days of your receipt of the goods. A full refund will be offered provided the goods remain in a saleable condition and that the request to cancel is received in writing.
- You can inform us you want to cancel your order by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post, by printing off the model cancellation form and posting it to Hic! Wine Merchants, 23 Main Street, Ledston, Castleford, WF10 2AB.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation.
- A charge of £10 will be payable for collections made by us.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- Any cancelled order will be refunded to the purchaser via their original payment method, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the date upon which we have collected the Goods or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the Goods. The refund will include any outbound delivery costs incurred.
- For your protection we strongly recommend that you use a recorded delivery service to return goods. All goods remain the responsibility of you until they are received by us.