Le Petit Clos de Clos Apalta 2014
Although Le Petit Clos de Clos Apalta maybe considered the second wine of Clos Apalta, it is a different interpretation of the unique Clos Apalta terroir and undergoes the same precise winemaking as the Grand Vin and the mastery of blending that is the heart of winemaking philosophy at Domaines Bournet - Lapostolle.
Le Petit Clos is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (40%), Carménère (30%), Merlot (28%) and Petit Verdot (2%) grapes, sourced from vineyards managed organically and biodynamically. The Carménère and Cabernet vines were planted in 1920 and are pre-phyloxera. All grapes are hand harvested and once at the winery are hand de-stemmed in order to maintain complete control of the quality. The French oak fermentation vats are filled by gravity after-which the new wine is racked off (again by gravity) into 100% new French oak where it spends 8 months. After lot selection the final blend is then aged for a further 18 months in new French Oak barrels (33%), one-year-old used French oak barrels (33%) and in Oak vats of 75hl (34%). The final wine is estate bottled by gravity and without any treatment or filtration.
Deep, intense red in colour with violet edges. Intense fruit expression with black fruit such as blackberry and cassis well mixed with red fruit such as cherry and plums. Slightly spiced with anise and cedar notes. Delicate fresh violets fragrance. Big structure and good volume, balance with a remarkable acidity.
As we are retail stockists, selling from our Ledston shop as well as online, it makes it difficult for us to show a 'real-time' inventory of our wines and spirits online. As such, very occasionally, a wine may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order.
To ensure a timely delivery, we are happy to substitute your order with a similar wine of equal or higher value and at no additional cost to you! If this is not an acceptable solution please advise us in the 'Special Instructions' at the checkout.
We endeavour to display accurate and current vintages on all our wines listed on the website; however, from time to time stocks of the vintage listed do become exhausted. If this is the case with your order we will always contact you to recommend another vintage of the same wine, if it is still available. If the vintage of a wine is important to you then please either 'ASK A QUESTION' or leave us a message in the 'Special Instructions' at checkout.
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our business and we know that getting your wine delivered safely, securely and on-time is a fundamental part of that process.
Whilst we would love to offer a free delivery service on all orders, a case of wine is a heavy and fragile item to securely pack and ship through the courier network. Consequently, we subsidise our shipping charges to ensure the price you pay for delivery is as competitive as possible.
We re-pack and despatch all our orders in the industry leading inflatable Air-Pack System - which is 100% recyclable - so that you can be guaranteed your wine order is on its way to you in one of the safest and most reliable transit packaging solutions, providing you with complete peace-of-mind.
SINGLE BOTTLE DELIVERY
- No Minimum Order
- Delivery of One Bottle to a single address
- £6.00 for all orders up to £150.00
- Deliveries made Monday to Saturday
FREE LOCAL DELIVERY
- Minimum Order Value is £75.00
- FREE Delivery to one single address
- All WF, LS25. LS26 Postcodes
- We aim to deliver as soon as possible; however, usually within 7 working days from date of order
STANDARD UK MAINLAND DELIVERY: ENGLAND, WALES & SCOTLAND (Non Restricted Postcodes)
- No Minimum Order
- £9.99 Standard Delivery Charge for all orders up to £150.00 in value to one single address
- FREE Delivery for all orders with a value over £150.00 to one single address
- Deliveries Monday to Friday 8am till 4pm usually within 7 working days from date of order
MAINLAND UK SURCHARGED POSTCODES STARTING:
AB37-38, AB41-45, AB51-56, FK17-21, IV1-28, IV30-36, IV40, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA34-40, PH15-26, PH30-41, PH49-50
- Please email us for a delivery charge quotation: Contact Us
NORTHERN IRELAND, EIRE, SCOTTISH OFFSHORE, ISLE OF MAN, ISLE OF WIGHT, CHANNEL ISLANDS
- Please email us for a delivery quotation: Contact Us
- We aim to fulfil all wine orders with 7 working days from the date of placing your order, but this is often much sooner. You can contact us to request a specific date and time for your delivery if you choose.
- Our Standard Deliveries are made during normal business hours Monday to Friday. To ensure prompt delivery someone must be present to sign for the consignment; however, we do accept special delivery instructions at the point of order if you want your order to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- Our couriers will make two separate attempts to deliver your consignment. They will automatically attempt a second delivery the next working day. If you are not in to receive delivery, a card will be left by the driver advising you that they have made an attempt to deliver on that day. The card will provide contact details for your local delivery depot so you can contact them to arrange re-delivery, advise of any further special delivery instructions or to arrange a collection from the depot. Please note that in the event of two failed delivery attempts the parcel will need to be collected in person from the delivery depot. You will be liable for any subsequent delivery charges that are levied against us by our couriers should your order be returned back to us through failure to collect.
- Deliveries should be signed for as ‘Not Examined’ and you should inspect the goods as soon as possible and notify us immediately of any breakages or shortages.
- Claims for breakages will only be allowed if you notify us within 7 days after delivery.
- You must retain breakages and accompanying packaging for examination by us or our agent if required.
- Please be aware that multi-case orders can become separated through the courier network. If you do not receive the balance of your order within 3 working days of the first delivery please contact us.
- Our independence allows us to operate freely within the UK courier network and provide bespoke delivery options for your convenience. If you would like to receive any of our wines from outside of the UK Mainland please contact us for a very competitive quotation to meet your delivery needs.
CLICK & COLLECT IN STORE:
Local Pickup and kerbside collections are now available to select at checkout for online orders. We aim to fulfil all click and collect orders within 5 working days; however, this is often much sooner. If you require your order urgently we recommend you contact us beforehand to check that your order requirements are available.
- If any wine purchased from us fails, for any reason, to give satisfaction, we will replace, or issue a credit for, that bottle of wine provided that the wine is returned to us within 30 days after the date of delivery. (NB: This excludes Bin End Wines & Products described as non-returnable.
- Any order placed for goods (to be delivered) may be cancelled within 14 working days of your receipt of the goods. A full refund will be offered provided the goods remain in a saleable condition and that the request to cancel is received in writing.
- You can inform us you want to cancel your order by emailing us at email@example.com, by post, by printing off the model cancellation form and posting it to Hic! Wine Merchants, 23 Main Street, Ledston, Castleford, WF10 2AB.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation.
- A charge of £10 will be payable for collections made by us.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- Any cancelled order will be refunded to the purchaser via their original payment method, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the date upon which we have collected the Goods or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the Goods. The refund will include any outbound delivery costs incurred.
- For your protection we strongly recommend that you use a recorded delivery service to return goods. All goods remain the responsibility of you until they are received by us.
91 Points: "A different interpretation of the Apalta terroir through blending, the 2014 Le Petit Clos is mostly Cabernet Sauvignon with 30% Carmenere, 28% Merlot and 2% Petit Verdot. It aged in new French barriques for eight months followed by a further 18 months with equal parts in new barriques, used barriques and 7,500-liter oak vats. There is a little less oak here and more Cabernet in the first vintage of this second wine in the Bordeaux style. It's quite classical and faithful with the house style of ripe, concentrated and generously oaked wines. The palate shows plenty of tannins and oak-related flavors, spices, tobacco and roasted coffee. It ends with marked oak flavors." -- 04/28/2017
93 Points: "A tight and linear red with blackcurrant and blueberry character. Hints of iron and oyster shell. Medium to full body. Focused. Refined. The second wine of Clos Apalta." -- 05/29/2017
93 Points: "Petit Clos is the new younger brother of the classic carménère-based Clos Apalta, a second selection of the estate’s old vineyards in El Condor de Apalta, where some of the vines are almost 100 years old. This blend is 30 percent carménère, while Clos is more than 70 percent. The balance of Petit is cabernet sauvignon (40 percent), merlot, as well as some petit verdot from younger vines. Dark cherry and dark, bitter chocolate lend a savory note to balance the lovely, sweet notes of blackberry in this wine, which is tighter, more focused and narrower than its big brother. It is fresher, too, but with a similar depth of flavor coming from these venerable old vines." -- 06/01/2017
92 Points: "A black color and baked ripe-fruit aromas are the greeting on this second wine to Clos Apalta. While this blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Carmenère, Merlot and Petit Verdot feels soft along the edges, it's propped up by tartaric acidity. Blackened flavors of saturated blackberry and cassis maintain lush ripeness across the finish." -- 12/31/2017
91 Points: “This is the first vintage of this second wine, as it were, made from Clos Apalta’s younger vines and aged in older wood. A blend of Cabernet Sauvignon with Carmenere, Merlot and a splash of Petit Verdot, it’s ripe, figgy and intense, with supple tannins and a warm finish.” -- 03/01/2018