Champagne Ruinart | Reims
Many Champagne houses would like to lay claim to the accolade of being the longest established house, but only one may do so in truth. Ruinart was established in 1729 by Nicolas Ruinart one year after the Royal decree which permitted the transport of bottled wines. The house style is fresh, with a dominance of Chardonnay at the heart of all their cuvées. The Champagnes are still slowly matured in their bottles, in the cool of the underground chalk cellars "Les Crayères" some 38 metres below the city of Reims, just as they have been doing for centuries.