Buena Vista Winery | Sonoma County
Buena Vista Winery was founded in 1857 by the self-proclaimed ‘Count of Buena Vista’ Agoston Haraszthy, and pioneered the production of high-quality wines in California. The 'Count' introduced groundbreaking viticultural practices to Buena Vista, such as dry farming and hillside planting, as well as constructing California’s first gravity-fed winery. Following several changes in ownership, the historic winery was purchased in 2011 by the Boisset family from Burgundy. Under Jean-Charles Boisset the winery has undergone extensive renovation and the Count’s original vision is being pursued with renewed vigour.