Terre di San Leonardo 2019
The Terre di San Leonardo is an accessible and food-friendly blend of Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon and Carménère grapes selected from across the San Leonardo estate. Fermented in cement tanks, 80% of the wine is aged for 18 months in big Slavonian oak barrels and the remaining 20% in French barriques for at least 6 months, followed by a minimum of 6 months rest in bottle before release. Brilliant ruby red, the aromas are fruit-rich when the wine is young, later mellowing with bottle age into ripe plum fruit layered over a faintly grassy background note. Dry, soft and well-balanced on the palate it reveals a pleasing bitter twist in the finish and good aromatic length.