Château Beauchêne | Southern Rhône
The history of Château Beauchêne began in the 15th century, with the arrival in France of another family: the De Biliotti family. They were one of the many Italian families that followed the Pope into exile in Avignon and then prospered in France. The coat of arms of the De Biliotti family, which has been overlooking the château for centuries, has become, over the years, the emblem of Beauchêne and is now engraved on all their bottles.
Coming from a family of winegrowers whose first vines were bought in 1794, Michel Bernard and his wife, Dominique Vergniaud, took over the estate in the early 1970s and together they gave Château Beauchêne a new dimension. In 2000, their daughter, Amandine, joined the family business. Château Beauchêne has been passed on to the family for more than 200 years and Amandine is the 11th generation to work at the Château.
The family's Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre vines used for their Châteauneuf-du-Pape are over 100 years old and produce perfectly concentrated, spicy, rich wines.