Château Latour à Pomerol | Pomerol
Château Latour à Pomerol is one of the leading Pomerol properties located close to the church in the village of Pomerol. Acquired in 1917 by Mrs. Loubat, the then famous proprietor of Pétrus, the vineyard was owned by her niece, Mrs. Lacoste, for 40 years before she donated it to the Fondation de Foyers de Charité de Châteauneuf de Galaure in 2002.
The vineyard, with an average age of 35 years, is characterised by its soil diversity: rather loamy soil around the château itself and more gravelly and clayey on the best blocks near the church. Farming the property since 1962, Ets. Jean-Pierre MOUEIX brings the usual care and expertise to the vineyard - which was entirely replanted after the 1956 frost - and also to the cellar. After a gentle fermentation in concrete tanks, the young wine is aged in 33% new oak barrels. Between elegance, power and smoothness, the wines of Château Latour à Pomerol show a perfect balance.