Domaine Balland Sancerre Grand Cuvée 2020
The Domaine Balland Sancerre Grande Cuvée is 100% Sauvignon Blanc sourced from a few specially selected parcels of just 2 hectares of clay and limestone pebbles. 60% of the wine is fermented and aged in 600L new oak barrels which gently coat the wine adding incredible depth and complexity. The remaining 40% is aged and matured in stainless steel. The wine is matured for 12 months with regular bâtonnage before bottling. To the nose there are initial aromas of exotic fruits such as mango and lychee alongside fresh scents of lime blossom and verbena. As the nose develops more complex aromas come to the fore with brioche, white peach and citrus supported by notes of sweet spices. The palate is full flavoured, rich and elegant with ripe mango fruits, quince jelly, spice and subtle notes of honey.