Leftfield Albariño 2021
Albariño is an aromatic white wine grape, hailing from Spain and Northern Portugal, but it also performs exceedingly well in the Gisborne region of New Zealand. Grapes for the Leftfield Albariño were picked and gently pressed to stainless steel tanks. 85% of the clear juice was racked and fermented with yeast selected to highlight the lovely aromatics and texture of this exciting variety. The remaining 15% of the juice was run to seasoned French Oak Puncheons for a natural fermentation which adds complexity and richness to the wine. Gorgeous little citrus flowers link arms with melon and peach to dance in the sunshine, always maintaining an air of class. Meanwhile, lime lingers in the shadows vying for attention.