My Basket

Close

M. Chapoutier Condrieu Invitare 2017

Chapoutier's Condrieu 'Invitare' (a name derived from Latin), is an invitation to share a friendly moment, an allusion to the old Latin traditions that persist in the Rhône region to this day and, as with Côte-Rotie, the Condrieu vineyard has an impressive history that dates back to Roman times. Made from 100% hand-harvested Viognier grapes the Condrieu Invitare undergoes a period of short ageing on its lees for approximately 8 months in order to preserve freshness and the varietal character of the Viognier grape. Maturation is carried out in oak to add to the wines depth and complexity, 15% of the wine is aged in new barrels to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit, whilst the remaining 85% is aged in a combination of one and two year-old demi-muids adding consistency, power and aromatic complexity to the wine. A wonderful deep golden yellow in colour the Invitare Condrieu displays vibrant aromas of exotic fruits (pineapple), acacia blossom, lychee, apricot and peach. The palate is well rounded generous and with great length with a final note of vanilla to finish.

Wine File
Producer:
M. Chapoutier
Country:
France
Region:
Northern Rhône
Sub Region:
Condrieu
Style:
White Wine
Primary Grape(s):
Viognier
Bottle Size:
75cl
Alcohol:
13.5%
Closure:
Natural Cork
Contains Sulphites:
Yes
Units Per Bottle:
10.13
£35.00 £39.00

The Producer M. Chapoutier | Rhône Valley

M. Chapoutier Ermitage Vineyards in the Northern Rhône

With roots dating back to 1808, M. Chapoutier is one of the oldest companies in the Rhône Valley. Yet, its world renown and the quality of wine can truly be accredited to the arrival of Michel Chapoutier in 1990. His...

Learn More

Other wines from this producer

On Sale

M. Chapoutier Condrieu Invitare 2017

£35.00
£39.00

M. Chapoutier Cornas Les Arènes 2014

From £34.00 - per bottle

M. Chapoutier Saint-Joseph Les Granilites 2018

From £26.75 - per bottle

The Region France | Northern Rhône

The Northern Rhône has a continental climate with harsh winters but warm summers. Its climate is influenced by the mistral wind, which brings colder air from the Massif Central. Consequently, the Northern Rhône is somewhat cooler than the Southern Rhône, which means that...

Learn More

Other wines from this region

M. Chapoutier Saint-Joseph Les Granilites 2018

From £26.75 - per bottle

Domaine Courbis Saint Joseph Les Royes 2017

From £32.00 - per bottle

M. Chapoutier Cornas Les Arènes 2014

From £34.00 - per bottle
On Sale

M. Chapoutier Condrieu Invitare 2017

£35.00
£39.00

Domaine Courbis Les Eygats Cornas 2016

From £45.00 - per bottle

Domaine Courbis La Sabarotte Cornas 2013

From £55.00 - per bottle

The Primary Grape Wine By Grape Variety | Viognier

Organic Wine Vineyard

Viognier is a white wine grape variety that used to be confined to a tiny part of the Rhône Valley, where it produced the famous white wines of Condrieu. In recent times its popularity has spread into countries such as Australia, New Zealand...

Learn More

Customer Reviews

No reviews yet
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)
0%
(0)