Lustau East India Solera Rich Cream Sherry - 75cl | 20% ABV
The East India Solera Rich Cream Sherry is one of the great icons of Lustau. Its ageing process mimics that of some 17th century wines developed during transatlantic journeys to distant Spanish colonies. This multi-award winning rich cream sherry is a blend of 80% Palomino sweetened with 20% Pedro Ximénez. Each wine (Oloroso and Pedro Ximénez) is matured, separately in its own solera for 12 years. Once blended together, the resulting sherry is returned to a 45-cask solera for a further 3 years ageing. In centuries gone by, casks with sherry were lashed to ships sailing for the Indies as ballast and were found to develop an extraordinary smoothness and complexity. Lustau has revived this style of sherry in the East India wine. Dark mahogany in colour with green-amber edge. It offers vibrant notes of maple syrup, brown sugar, shoe polish, raisin and chocolate beer nuts, all very well integrated. On the palate it is smooth and rich at the beginning, full of prune and burned oranges peel flavours. Provocative spicy notes appear just before its nuttiness and terrific acidity cuts through the sweetness. A truly unforgettable finish. Serve slightly chilled, between 10 – 12ºC. This wine is a perfect companion to light desserts and cakes, but can also be served with creamy cheeses or foie-gras. Try it also on the rocks with a slice of orange, simply delicious.
As we are retail stockists, selling from our Ledston shop as well as online, it makes it difficult for us to show a 'real-time' inventory of our wines and spirits online. As such, very occasionally, a wine may be out of stock that the website has allowed you to order.
To ensure a timely delivery, we are happy to substitute your order with a similar wine of equal or higher value and at no additional cost to you! If this is not an acceptable solution please advise us in the 'Special Instructions' at the checkout.
We endeavour to display accurate and current vintages on all our wines listed on the website; however, from time to time stocks of the vintage listed do become exhausted. If this is the case with your order we will always contact you to recommend another vintage of the same wine, if it is still available. If the vintage of a wine is important to you then please either 'ASK A QUESTION' or leave us a message in the 'Special Instructions' at checkout.
*** Latest Delivery Information Please Read ***
Customer satisfaction is at the heart of our business and we know that getting your wine delivered safely, securely and on-time is a fundamental part of that process. We are extremely proud of our delivery service and are confident that you will be happy with our service. All our wine packaging utilises the industry leading inflatable Air-Pack System (100% recyclable) so that you can be guaranteed your wine order is packaged in one of the safest and most reliable transit packaging solutions and providing you with complete peace-of-mind.
- We aim to fulfil all wine orders with 10 working days from the date of placing your order, but this is often much sooner. You can contact us to request a specific date and time for your delivery if you choose.
- Our Standard Delivery is FREE for all UK Mainland orders with a value over £150.00
- All orders below £150.00 are charged £9.99 per consignment to a single UK Mainland address. NB: Our Standard UK Mainland Delivery does not provide a service to parts of the Scottish Islands & Highlands, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Wright, Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. For all orders placed outside the UK Mainland we will contact you following placement of an order to agree shipment details and charges for which an additional invoice will be raised.
- Single Bottle Orders are delivered using a Royal Mail Signed For Service and charged £6.00 per order.
- Our Standard Deliveries are made during normal business hours Monday to Friday. To ensure prompt delivery someone must be present to sign for the consignment; however, we do accept special delivery instructions at the point of order if you want your order to be left in a safe place or with a neighbour.
- Deliveries should be signed for as ‘Not Examined’ and you should inspect the goods as soon as possible and notify us immediately of any breakages or shortages.
- Claims for breakages will only be allowed if you notify us within 7 days after delivery.
- You must retain breakages and accompanying packaging for examination by us or our agent if required.
- Please be aware that multi-case orders can become separated through the courier network. If you do not receive the balance of your order within 3 working days of the first delivery please contact us.
- Our independence allows us to operate freely within the UK courier network and provide bespoke delivery options for your convenience. If you would like to receive any of our wines from outside of the UK Mainland please contact us for a very competitive quotation to meet your delivery needs.
CLICK & COLLECT IN STORE:
If you would like to place an order online and collect it from our store in Ledston this can be arranged for your convenience. We recommend you contact us beforehand to check that your order requirements are available and to arrange a convenient collection date and time.
- If any wine purchased from us fails, for any reason, to give satisfaction, we will replace, or issue a credit for, that bottle of wine provided that the wine is returned to us within 30 days after the date of delivery. (NB: This excludes Bin End Wines & Products described as non-returnable)
- Any order placed for goods (to be delivered) may be cancelled within 14 working days of your receipt of the goods. A full refund will be offered provided the goods remain in a saleable condition and that the request to cancel is received in writing.
- You can inform us you want to cancel your order by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, by post, by printing off the model cancellation form and posting it to Hic! Wine Merchants, 23 Main Street, Ledston, Castleford, WF10 2AB.
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation.
- A charge of £10 will be payable for collections made by us.
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you.
- Any cancelled order will be refunded to the purchaser via their original payment method, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the date upon which we have collected the Goods or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the Goods. The refund will include any outbound delivery costs incurred.
- For your protection we strongly recommend that you use a recorded delivery service to return goods. All goods remain the responsibility of you until they are received by us.